Bandai Namco Entertainment has announced through this week's Weekly Famitsu issue that .hack//G.U. Last Recode, an HD remaster of the .hack//G.U. series, will be coming to PlayStation 4 and PC.
.hack//G.U. was originally a trilogy of RPGs for PlayStation 2, consisting of Vol.1 Rebirth, Vol.2 Reminisce and Vol.3 Redemption. It put the player in control of Haseo inside an action-based MMORPG called The World R:2. Last Recode will be an HD remaster of the whole trilogy while also adding a number of brand-new features.
.hack//G.U. Last Recode will run in Full HD (1080p) and 60 frames per second. The movie scenes as well as the UI are also being remade in high definition. It will also include movies from the Terminal Disc packaged in the original .hack//G.U. Vol.1: Rebirth, as well a brand-new look for Haseo that is assumed to be when he just started entering the game.
Having included all 3 volumes in one package, features that were added in Vol.3 Redemption will be also applied to Vol.2 Reminisce and Vol.1 Rebirth. Last Recode will also have many more upgrades to the gameplay system, which you can check in the list below:
- Added a Retry feature when your party gets wiped out
- Added an optional Cheat Mode that lets the player start the game with max level and strongest equipments
- Increased movement speed
- Increased amount of carryable items to 90, also new feature to repeatedly use the same item
- Item menu will now have Shortcut & Sort features
- Limit of carryable Chim Spheres & Virus Cores are increased to 999 each
- Added a new healing feature "Idle Rest" on platforms
- Raised battle tempo by reducing pauses when attacking or raising attack power
- Raised the increase rate of weapon proficiency
- Increased experience gain
- Added feature to skip Awakening scenes
- Reduced the difficulty of some strong enemies
- Rebalanced the Avatar Battle system
- Increased Skeith's normal shot speed
- Added feature to pause Avatar Battles in VR
- Reduced probability of friends selling gifted items
- Can now specify to choose between Saku and Bo when calling Sakubo
- Can now get all character endings in Vol.3 Redemption instead of just one per save data
.hack//G.U. Last Recode will be released for PlayStation 4 and PC, and as of this article, it is about 80% done in development. No release date or English localization have been announced as of yet.