The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Master Trials DLC out June 30, 'The Champions’ Ballad' announced
Nintendo released a trailer The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, showing the previously announced 'Master Trials' DLC, as well as giving a teaser for the second DLC pack - The Champions' Ballad. The Master Trials will be out June 30.
Details are sparse as of now, but The Champions' Ballad was previously announced to contain a story dungeon area, and the new trailer seems to take place during the past in the game world. It features Zelda and the four champions. Nintendo also announced upcoming amiibo of the four champions for release during the holiday season: the Goron champion Daruk, the Rito champion Revali, the Zora champion Mipha and the Gerudo champion Urbosa.
Check out the trailer here. Both DLC packs are included as part of the $19.99 Expansion Pass for the game.
If you own The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Expansion Pass grants access to three new treasure chests, DLC Pack 1, “Master Trials,” and DLC Pack 2, “The Champions’ Ballad,” as they are released. DLC Pack 1 “Master Trials” includes: Trial of the Sword, Master Mode, Hero’s Path, Travel Medallion, Korok Mask and eight new armors. Master Trials - DLC Pack 1 will be available June 30, 2017.
EXPAND YOUR ADVENTURE
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game packs countless hours of play into a vast world of discovery. That makes it an ideal foundation for more adventures! If you own the full game, the Expansion Pass grants access to three new treasure chests, DLC Pack 1, “The Master Trials,” and DLC Pack 2, “The Champions’ Ballad,” as they are released.
DLC Pack 1 “The Master Trials” includes: Trial of the Sword, Master Mode, Hero’s Path Mode, Travel Medallion, Korok Mask and eight new armors , and will be released on June 30. DLC Pack 2 “The Champions’ Ballad,” includes new challenges of a new dungeon and an original story, and will be released in Holiday 2017. More details of DLC Pack 2 will be announced later.
FEATURES (DLC PACK 1):
• Extend your unforgettable adventures with this Expansion Pass – DLC Pack 1 and Pack 2 cannot be purchased individually.
• Trial of the Sword challenges the player to go through waves of enemies in a total of about 45 rooms. By completing the challenge, Link will prove that he has grown worthy, and the Master Sword will be awakened to always be in its glowing, powered-up state while usable.
• New Master mode offers unique challenges to the player via stronger enemies and floating platforms. Enemies have gone up in difficulty by one rank. You might even meet higher ranking enemies you don’t see in normal mode!
• Hero’s Path mode tracks every step you take, so you can watch the last 200 hours of your journey unfold on the map, and use a slider to scroll through a timeline. This is a helpful feature to see where in the world you have not searched for remaining shrines, etc.
• Travel Medallion will let you register the location you’re currently at as another fast travel point on the map.
• Korok Mask – If Link wears it, it will shake when a hidden Korok is nearby.
• 8 additional armors themed after previous Zelda game characters – Midna, Tingle, Majora and Phantom. Each part is in a treasure chest located somewhere in Hyrule, which you must find.
• Four new amiibo figures featuring Champions will be coming in the holiday season. More details will be announced at a later date.
• Save data for your game in Master Mode will be kept separately from your normal mode save data.