Following its recent announcement in Japanese magazines, Aquaplus has released the first trailer for the first Utawareumono remake - the title of which translates to Utawarerumono: Lullaby to the Fallen People in English. The first screenshots and artwork have also been released.
Yamayura is a village on the northeast corner of the continent, resident by people with ears and tails like animals. Hakuowlo found himself with life-threatening injuries but is brought back to health by one of the village girls, Eruruu. Despite his life being saved, he lost all memory of himself. Hakuowlo begins life anew in the village and everyone in learns to rely on him for his fastidious demeanor. When harvest season comes, the crop yield is suprisingly plentiful. When the land's feudal lord learns of the harvest, he sends toops to the village to seize it..
Aquaplus also released details on 5 main characters in the game, and you can find their artowrk in the gallery:
- Hakuowlo - A young man brought back to health by Eruruu but has lost his memories. He always wears a mask for reasons unknown. He becomes a respected leader for the village of Yamayura.
- Eruruu - A physician-in-training who took care of Hakuowlo when he was injured. She has a bright and cheerful personality, is loved by fellow villagers, and cherishes her younger sister Aruruu.
- Aruruu - Eruruu's younger sister, she is shyer and reserved. She has a knack for getting along with animals
- Yuzuha - A girl who has been blind since birth with a frail constitution. She is cared for my many, especially her protective older brother, Oboro. Due to her ailments, she has so far lived a sheltered life.
- Oboro - Yuzuha's older brother who takes excessive care for her. He has a straightforward demeanor and can become violent at times.
Find images in the gallery below. Utawarerumono: Lullaby to the Fallen People for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita will be released in Japan on April 26, 2018.