Darkest Dungeon - The Color of Madness launches on June 19 for PC
Red Hook Studios has announced that the latest DLC for Darkest Dungeon - titled The Color of Madness - will launch on PC/Mac/Linux for $4.99. The DLC will also hit other platforms (Switch, PS4/Vita, Xbox One, iPad) after the PC release.
This latest DLC offering is inspired by H.P. Lovecraft's The Colour out of Space in which a farm town's animals and residents start to behave strangely after nearby a meteorite crash.
Check out the fact sheet below. You can also check out Liz's review of the Nintendo Switch version here.
What is The Color of Madness? These are the top line features:
- Wave-Based Survival in a New Environment: The Farmstead!
- Nonstop action! Fight through endless groups of monsters in an effort to reach the comet’s crash site.
- Get lost in Time and Space! Some waves will bring you face-to-face with foes from the other core regions of the Estate. (Courtyard and Darkest Dungeon will keep to themselves!)
- Track your highest kill count, compare with friends and enemies alike!
- Three new repeatable quests: a novice introduction, a veteran boss-kill, and an endless darkest-level wave-based combat experience.
- Bolster your party with consumables obtained from mysterious new curios between waves of combat.
- An All-New Enemy Faction
- The Miller and his loyal workmen have become lifeless husks, consumed by the ever-growing crystalline influence that has spread from the comet across the farm...
- 2 New Bosses
- The Miller
- Thing From the Stars (mini-boss)
- Twisted New Trinkets
- Available for purchase from the Jeweler, a new vendor in the Nomad Wagon. Put your gold away—he trades only in Comet Shards!
- New tunes!
- The Farmstead boasts the longest, most involved combat score to date!
- And a bunch of other...maddening...stuff we’re not ready to share!