Following Patch #3 earlier this month, Square Enix has rolled out yet another patch for the Steam version of Chrono Trigger. This fourth patch mainly continues to the tweak the game's menu interfaces, specifically to make things more easily navigated.
Square Enix also notes that upcoming patches to the game will focus on the ability to rebind keys for both controller and keyboard/mouse inputs, which should land sometime in July.
You can check out the patch notes and screenshots below, or find them on the Steam Community page.
Thank you all again so much for continuing to support the Steam version of CHRONO TRIGGER. Today we’ve released the fourth patch, and here is a list of all the updates:
- Changes to the menu UI
- We’ve changed the user interface (operation method and screen layout) of the following screens to make it more comfortable to play with controller or keyboard.
- Menu screen
- Title screen (including title menu)
- You can select interface either "gamepad/keyboard" or "touch panel/mouse" from "settings" in the menu.
- Title screen is the same regardless of your settings.
- The UI updates that we first outlined in patch #2 are now complete as of this patch. However, we will continue to keep adjusting the UI where necessary.
- Other adjustments and revisions
- In the settings menu, "Movement" has been removed, based on UI changes.
- Small bugs are fixed
The ability to rebind buttons for controllers, keyboard and mouse has unfortunately been delayed and will instead be added in patch #5, which is due to be released in late July.
As there are a number of mini games in Chrono Trigger that require player input based on the names of controller buttons, we need to take some time to adjust the game rules and key binding feature to work with all of these. We apologise for any inconvenience caused, but please keep an eye out for the next update.
Thanks again from everyone on the CHRONO TRIGGER team for all of your support.