Supergiant Games announced during the Nintendo Nindies showcase earlier today that the studio's acclaimed RPG titles Bastion and Transistor will release for Nintendo Switch this fall. Bastion, the studio's debut game will launch on the eShop for on September 13 for $14.99. Transistor will release later on November 1 for $19.99.
The studio's third game, Pyre, released last year, but won't be coming to the Switch for the time being. "With Bastion and Transistor coming to the Switch, you might be wondering, what about our third and latest game, Pyre? The thing is, our games are built on our own custom tech so it's not a small undertaking for us to bring them to new platforms. So, while we haven't ruled anything out for the future, currently we don't have plans to bring Pyre to other platforms."
Bastion originally launched for Xbox 360 and Steam back in 2011. Transistor originally launched for Playstation 4 and PC in 2014. We reviewed Transistor's original release here. Here's a little bit about each game from Supergiant:
Bastion is an action role-playing experience that redefines storytelling in games, with a reactive narrator who marks your every move. Explore more than 40 lush hand-painted environments as you discover the secrets of the Calamity, a surreal catastrophe that shattered the world to pieces. Wield a huge arsenal of upgradeable weapons and battle savage beasts adapted to their new habitat. Finish the main story to unlock the New Game Plus mode and continue your journey!
- Action-packed combat rewards playing with finesse
- Hours of reactive narration delivers a deep story
- Stunning hand-painted artwork
- Critically-acclaimed original music score
- 10+ unique upgradeable weapons to be used
- 6 powerful Bastion structures to be discovered
- New Game Plus' and 'Score Attack' modes unlocked after finishing the story
- 'No-Sweat Mode' lets players of any skill level enjoy the story
Transistor is a sci-fi themed action RPG that invites you to wield an extraordinary weapon of unknown origin as you fight through a stunning futuristic city. Transistor seamlessly integrates thoughtful strategic planning into a fast-paced action experience, melding responsive gameplay and rich atmospheric storytelling. Fight your way through the streets of Cloudbank, and piece together the Transistor's mysteries as you pursue its former owners.
- Action-packed real-time combat fused with a robust strategic planning mode
- Configure the powerful Transistor with thousands of possible Function combinations
- Vibrant hand-painted artwork
- Original soundtrack changes dynamically as the action unfolds
- 'Recursion' option introduces procedural battles after finishing the story