505 Games and ArtPlay have announced that Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night will release on June 18 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC (Steam & GOG), while the Nintendo Switch release will follow on June 25.
Alongside the release date announcement, 505 Games also released a new, somewhat silly trailer showcasing all the changes the game has gone through since its conception. Find the trailer, fact sheet, and some screenshots below.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is set in 18th century England – a paranormal force has summoned a demon-infested castle, revealing crystal shards infused with tremendous magical power. Players take on the role of Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist curse which slowly crystallizes her body. To save humanity and herself, Miriam must fight through the castle while collecting, crafting and unlocking a vast array of weapons, equipment and loot to defeat the summoner Gebel and the countless minions and bosses of hell that await.
- IGAVANIA LIVES ON – Koji Igarashi, one of the renowned godfathers of the genre, is creating a new, modern side scrolling action RPG experience that will satisfy longtime fans of his previous work.
- VAST AND DEEP GAMEPLAY – Unlock spells and powers; find, craft and upgrade several types of weapons and special items to change Miriam’s appearance; and mix and match gear and abilities to find your playstyle.
- HIGH FIDELITY 2.5 GRAPHICS – Everything in Bloodstained is rendered in loving 3D detail on a 2D side scrolling environment that changes and evolves as you play.
- ORCHESTRAL MUSIC BY INDUSTRY LEGENDS – With music by Michiru Yamane (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) and Ippo Yamada (Resident Evil), respectively, Bloodstained’smusic is an unforgettable experience.
- IGA’S BIGGEST CASTLE – Bloodstained’s game world map is the biggest of Koji Igarashi’s entire career, giving fans of his distinct style more to explore and enjoy.
- MULTIPLE CHARACTERS TO CHOOSE FROM – Aside from the enigmatic Miriam there are secret playable characters awaiting discovery.