Tonight during Square Enix's E3 2019 event, a new trailer was shown for The Last Remnant Remastered, announcing the game for Nintendo Switch. Moreso, the game is out tonight on Nintendo eShop tonight. The remaster previously released digitally on PlayStation 4 last Winter.
The remaster undated the game to Unreal Engine 4 and introduced a new speed toggle for traversal on the field.
Check out the trailer below:
Square Enix also released a behind-the-scenes video for The Last Remnant, featuring Akitoshi Kawazu (Executive Producer/Writer), Yusuke Naora (Art Director) and Hiroshi Takai (Director). You can find that video below.
Here's an overview by Square Enix:
Originally released in 2008, THE LAST REMNANT captured the hearts and minds of gamers with its enthralling story, countless characters and intricate battle system. In a world filled with “Remnants” – ancient artifacts that grant mysterious abilities to their wielders – players can now uncover the mysteries of Rush Sykes, at home or on-the-go.
THE LAST REMNANT Remastered features:
- Beautifully enhanced graphics enabled by Unreal®Engine 4, allowing for a more immersive and captivating adventure
- UI (user interface) updates to make it look and feel better than ever before
- Over 100 hours of gameplay
- A unique morale system that changes the outcome of battle
- An intricate battle system where commands change depending on the status of allies and enemies