Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot screenshots show more Buu Saga, Community Board, and Soul Emblems [Update: Game Overiew Trailer]
Update (October 22)
Bandai Namco has released a game overview trailer.
Original (October 21)
Bandai Namco has released more screenshots for Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, showcasing more elements of the Buu Saga, as well as some images highlighting Soul Emblems. These emblems can activate different effects in the game, such as powering up your characters' super attacks.
Additionally, Bandai Namco has detailed some of the RPG elements found in the game: the Community Board where you can obtain Soul Emblems, as well as the Training Grounds where characters can learn or power up their abilities. Find the description from Bandai Namco below.
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is set to release worldwide on January 17, 2020 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. You can find the Tokyo Game Show Buu Saga trailer and special edition information here.
- When completing quests for certain characters, or passing distinct points in the storyline, you will earn Soul Emblems (each representing a character from the Dragon Ball universe)
- After assigning these Soul Emblems on your Community Board – you’ll be able to activate them in combination with each other, to earn special bonuses and power-ups
- Combining different characters with each other also unlocks exclusive dialogue between those characters
- Training Grounds are found across different areas, and enable you to fight against Z Warriors or enemies you’ve fought in the past – or against yourself
- By clearing the training you will learn new Super Attacks, or power up existing Super Attacks (such as turning your regular Kamehameha into Super Kamehameha)