Monster Hunter World: Iceborne reveals update roadmap for 2020, will continue updates beyond June
Capcom has revealed a roadmap of updates for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne in 2020. This list was first revealed at today's Monster Hunter Fest '19-'20 Osaka event in Japan, although Capcom also provided an English version of the roadmap at the same time.
Having shipped more than 4 million units combined from all platforms worldwide, Capcom is of course very keen on supporting Iceborne in the long term. They have also been planning to fast-track updates on the PC version - which was released later than PS4 and Xbox One - so that it can catch up with the console versions.
You can check out the list of planned updates for Iceborne right below:
- January: Astera / Seliana Fest & Grand Appreciation Fest to be held from January 24 to February 13. There will be also more new layered armor added.
- February: Special event quests that make it easier to encounter gold crown-sized monsters, get decoration rewards, or raise your master rank level.
- March: 3rd major title update to version 13.0 to add two new Variant monsters.
- April: Title update to version 13.5 to add new Arch-tempered and Master Rank versions of some existing monsters.
(This is also where the PC version is expected to catch up with PS4 and Xbox One versions)
Another seasonal Astera / Seliana Fest will be also held this month.
- May: 4th major title update to version 14.0 will bring back a fan-favorite monster from past Monster Hunter series.
- June onwards: Will continue planning to release more updates and monsters.