Phantasy Star Online 2 closed beta test runs from February 7-9 in North America on Xbox One
Sega has announced that the closed beta test for Phantasy Star Online 2 will run from February 7 to February 9. The test is for North America only and for Xbox One. Participation in the beta will also reward players with items that can be used when the full game launches later this Spring.
We've shared the press release below in full, which details the rewards, event times, and information on how to participate in the beta.
Phantasy Star Online 2 is also set to come to PC, but the official website notes that the PC version will launch later in 2020.
TOKYO, January 27th, 2020 - SEGA Games announced today that “Phantasy Star Online 2”, a massively popular online action RPG game in Japan, will begin closed beta testing for the upcoming North American version on Xbox One on Friday, February 7th at 5:00pm PST (8:00pm EST) ending Sunday, February 9th at 12:00am PST (3:00am EST).
This closed beta test will introduce North American players to the PSO2 game world with fully localized text and character voices in English. Players who participate will retain their progress from the closed beta test and those who answer the call during “Urgent Quests” have a chance to obtain special in-game rewards that can be used when the game launches in Spring 2020.
Players are invited to explore numerous worlds with friends and experience PSO2’s unparalleled action combat and character customization. Choosing from four unique races and nine classes, players can join forces with up to eleven other operatives at a time to experience unforgettable battles and boss fights.
Beta testers will also have a chance to claim the following special rewards after logging in:
- Photon Halo B (Accessory)
- Beauty Salon Free Pass (Consumable)
- EXP Boost +50% (x3)
- Rare Drop Boost +50% (x3)
- Meseta Boost +50% (x3)Advertisement. Keep scrolling for more
In addition, special events called Urgent Quests are scheduled for the following times (all times PST):
- 8:00 – 8:30pm: Cradle of Darkness
- 10:00 – 10:30pm: Giant Automata: The Awakening
- 7:00 – 7:30am: Cradle of Darkness
- 1:00 – 1:30pm: Giant Automata: The Awakening
- 5:00 – 5:30pm: Cradle of Darkness
- 8:30 – 9:00pm: The Raging Obsidian Arm
- 9:00 – 9:30pm: Elder of the Unfathomable Abyss
Urgent Quest Rewards
- Complete 1 Urgent Quest: Photon Halo C (Accessory), Triboost +100% (Consumable)
- Complete 2 Urgent Quests: Photon Halo A (Accessory), Triboost +100% (Consumable)
- Complete 3 Urgent Quests: Mag Dreamcast (Evolution Device), Triboost +100% (Consumable)
- Complete 4 Urgent Quests: Coated Edge (Weapon Camo), Triboost +100% (x10) (Consumable)
In honor of the North American kickoff, there will be a special in-game concert featured on Saturday night, February 8th at 8:00pm PST for all players. Concertgoers can meet in the Ship’s Shopping Plaza for a memorable performance and receive multiple buffs afterwards -- a community experience not to be missed!
Once the app is installed, here’s how to register for the game:Advertisement. Keep scrolling for more
- Launch the Xbox Insider Hub on an Xbox One or Windows 10 device
- From the main dashboard, select “insider content”
- Under “games,” select “Phantasy Star Online 2”
- Select “join” to register
When the PSO2 Closed Beta begins, registrants will be notified via Xbox Live message. For additional details and updates leading up to the start of the closed beta, visit www.pso2.com and follow @play_PSO2 and @XboxInsider on Twitter.