Tetracast - Episode 145: Self-Quarantine Game Time
Welcome to the latest edition of the Tetracast, RPG Site's regular, seemingly weekly, podcast!
Things are a little bit weird and uncertain this week with the novel Coronavirus affecting many aspects of both our personal lives and the larger gaming industry as a whole. We try to keep things positive though, as Adam opens up the cast discussing his time replaying the original Trials of Mana, released officially in English as part of the Collection of Mana last year. Bryan continues his journey through Final Fantasy VII, and then the cast discusses a few new releases in Ori and the Will of the Wisps and Nioh 2.
After discussing the games we've been playing, we talk about the cancelation of E3 due to COVID-19 and speculate on how that could affect both media and publishers, as well as how streams may become more prevalent in E3's absence. The cast then highlights the recent fan-translation release of Zero no Kiseki, and then moves on to chat about Horizon Zero Dawn heading to PC and what that could mean for future console exclusive titles. Today's episode ends with a chat about an assuredly long wait to the next Witcher game, as well as Reggie Fils-Aime joining the GameStop board of directors.
This edition of the Tetracast features Bryan Vitale (@zeomassicot), Adam Vitale (@King_Seda), Josh Torres (@HDKirin), George Foster (@gepugg), and James Galizio (@theswweet). As always, you can find links to the full episode of the podcast below along with our RSS feed, and also subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Play.
Editor's Note: The first ~30 minutes of the cast might sound a bit different due to using a backup recording.
- 16:37 - Trials of Mana
- 36:11 - Final Fantasy VII
- 48:48 - Ori and the Blind Forest / Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- 1:04:25 - Nioh 2
- 1:13:36 - E3 2020 canceled due to COVID-19
- 1:40:07 - Phantasy Star Online 2 for Xbox One open beta launches on March 17 in North America
- 1:44:03 - Trails from Zero fan translation release
- 1:52:52 - Horizon Zero Dawn (confirmed) coming to PC
- 2:18:56 - CD Projekt to commence development of a new Witcher game following launch of Cyberpunk 2077
- 2:23:09 - New NIS RPG - Shoujo Jigoku no Doku Musume announced
- 2:24:34 - Reggie Fils-Aime joins GameStop on its Board of Directors
- 2:32:04 - Signoff