Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning listed on Microsoft Store [Up: Confirmed by THQ Nordic]
THQ Nordic has confirmed the remaster of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning via their Twitter account. While THQ Nordic never officially stated platforms and price, listings have begun to appear on Amazon. A PlayStation 4 and PC physical version are listed for $39.99, while a Collector's Edition is available for Xbox One, priced at $109.99. According to the listing, the Collector's Edition includes a statue, keychain, OST, and 5 pieces of artwork.
A listing for Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning has appeared on Microsoft Store. It looks to be a remaster of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, with THQ Nordic publishing and developed by Kaiko, the team that did the remaster work for Darksiders and its sequel. The page states a release date of August 18.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is a 2012 action RPG that released for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC, developed by Big Huge Games and 38 Studios. It was meant to be an introduction to an Amalur universe that would be featured in an MMORPG in development, codenamed Copernicus, before 38 Studios declared bankruptcy. THQ Nordic then acquired the rights to Kingdoms of Amalur back in 2018.
Despite stating in 2018 to Eurogamer that a remaster would require the go-ahead from EA (the original publisher), it seems like the pieces have fallen into place for a re-release to happen.
We've shared the description and screenshots from the store page below. We'll have to wait for more details.
The hit RPG returns! From the minds of the bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston, comes Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. Remastered with stunning visuals and refined gameplay Re-Reckoning delivers intense, customizable RPG combat inside a sprawling game world.
Uncover the secrets of Amalur, from the vibrant city of Rathir to the vast region of Dalentarth to the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns. Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death.
- Build the ideal character for the most intense combat, choosing from a countless combinations of skills, abilities, weapons and pieces of armor.
- The revolutionary Destiny system allows you to continuously evolve your character class to your style of play.
- Seamlessly integrate magical and melee attacks as you take on scores of enemies in grand fight sequences and finish them off with brutal Fateshift kills.
- Extend your experience in Amalur with all DLC from the original release, from Teeth of Naros to Legend of Dead Kel and more!
- Hundreds of hours of RPG play await! Travel from the vibrant city of Rathir, to the vast region of Dalentarth, and the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns as you uncover the secrets of Amalur!
- Explore deep levels of lore in a universe steeped in 10,000 years of fiction created by New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore.
- Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death.
- Explore a sprawling game world hailed as having "more content than any single-player game deserves!"
- Enjoy countless side quests rich in political intrigue, romance, sinister magic, and even whimsy - all central to the primary mission.
- Improved graphical fidelity in Re-Reckoning.