Tetracast - Episode 164: Jam-packed
Welcome to the latest edition of the Tetracast, RPG Site's regular, seemingly weekly, podcast!
In this jam-packed episode of the podcast, before talking about the 'motherload' of RPG news, the crew as usual discusses briefly what they've been playing over the past week. Josh rejoins to talk about some mobile RPGs with SINoALICE and Tales of Crestoria. James highlights a revisit to Monster Hunter World. Bryan and Adam discuss Mario's latest outing with Paper Mario: The Origami King. And finally, George has more thoughts on Ghost of Tsushima.
Okay, a lot of news to get through. Nintendo's Mini Direct showcased Shin Megami Tensei V as well as Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster. At the same time, Koei Tecmo formally announced Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends and the Secret Fairy. In the middle of the week, Sega announced an English dub for Yakuza: Like a Dragon. Square Enix dropped a new trailer for Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers and an upcoming lengthening of the game's free trial. The Xbox Game Showcase had quite a bit on the RPG front, including new DLC for The Outer Worlds, a new Obsidian RPG in Avowed, a new version of Phantasy Star Online 2, a small tease for a new Fablegame. At the end of the week, Suikoden creator Yoshitake Murayama announced a spiritual successor to Suikoden with Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes. Other small bits of news also dropped throughout what may have been the most packed RPG news week of the Summer.
This edition of the Tetracast features Bryan Vitale (@zeomassicot), James Galizio (@theswweet), Josh Torres (@HDKirin), Adam Vitale (@King_Seda), and George Foster (@gepugg). As always, you can find links to the full episode of the podcast below along with our RSS feed, and also subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Play, and follow on Spotify!
- 3:24 - Tales of Crestoria
- 13:38 - Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
- 20:09 - Monster Hunter World
- 29:29 - Paper Mario: The Origami King
- 40:14 - Ghost Tsushima
- 53:35 - Shin Megami Tensei V and Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster announced
- 1:18:05 - Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends and the Secret Fairy coming this Winter to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Steam
- 1:23:14 - Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin launches on November 10 in North America, November 20 in Europe
- 1:26:48 - Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers patch 5.3 lands on August 11, free trial expanded through Heavensward
- 1:35:54 - Yakuza: Like a Dragon gets PlayStation 5 version, pre-order options, and English voice cast featuring George Takei
- 1:48:11 - Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of Elusive Age S - Definitive Edition releasing for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, & PC via Steam on December 4
- 1:54:49 - The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon DLC announced for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Epic Games Store
- 2:03:54 - Obsidian Entertainment announces Avowed for Xbox Series X and Windows 10
- 2:14:26 - Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis launches for PC and more platforms in 2021
- 2:26:26 - Fable announced for Xbox Series X and Windows 10
- 2:39:22 - Persona 5 Royal has sold 1.4 million units worldwide; Persona series total sales surpass 13 million
- 2:41:27 - 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim delayed to September 22 in the west for PlayStation 4, English voices available in Day 1 Patch
- 2:45:05 - Suikoden creator announces Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
- 2:56:24 - Type-Moon Studio BB reveals Fate/Extra Record for current-gen platforms
- 3:08:32 - Mecha strategy RPG Dual Gear enters Steam Early Access on July 29th;
- 3:10:21 - Final tidbits and signoff