Tetracast - Episode 194: A Neverending SaGa
Welcome to the latest edition of the Tetracast, RPG Site's regular, seemingly weekly podcast!
In this episode of the podcast, we open things up with 'gacha' RPGs, discussing the current state of Genshin Impact, Granblue Fantasy, and some Princess Connect! Re:Dive. Adam continues his SaGa playthrough and talks about Romancing SaGa 3 and its loose open-world nature and the future of Square Enix's smaller series. To wrap up the section, Josh finalizes his thoughts on Gnosia and tries to explain how exactly Loop Hero works.
In the news section of the week, we have new details for The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki, the latest entry in the long-running Trails series that seems to be making quite a few shake-ups. The Bethesda acquisition by Microsoft is also complete, leading many Bethesda RPGs to land on Xbox Game Pass. Other news tidbits from the week include a new Neptunia/Senran Kagura crossover RPG, a release date and PC release for Monster Hunter Stories 2, and more.
This edition of the Tetracast features Bryan Vitale (@zeomassicot), Josh Torres (@HD_Kirin), Adam Vitale (King_Seda), and Chao Min Wu. As always, you can find links to the full episode of the podcast below along with our RSS feed, and also subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Podcasts, and follow on Spotify!
- 0:00 - Intro
- 2:10 - Genshin Impact
- 14:52 - Granblue Fantasy and Granblue Fantasy Versus
- 30:20 - Surprise Princess Connect! Re:Dive tangent
- 37:37 - Romancing SaGa 3 (With some Mana discussion)
- 59:49 - Gnosia
- 1:10:53 - Loop Hero
- 1:30:22 - Kuro no Kiseki discussion, character, Calvard, and new battle system
- 1:54:12 - Microsoft Acquisition of Bethesda, RPGs coming to Game Pass
- 1:58:30 - Senran Ninnin Ninja Taisen Neptune launches for PS4 in Japan in 2021
- 2:04:04 - Monster Hunter Stories 2 launches worldwide on July 9 with additional PC Steam release
- 2:06:14 - Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot DLC 'Trunks: The Warrior of Hope' to launch in Summer 2021
- 2:12:08 - Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth launches on March 27 for Steam
- 2:14:43 - News tidbit rundown: Outer Worlds DLC 2 date, Loop Hero and 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim sales milestones, studio announcement for Gothic Remake
- 2:22:32 - Metal Max series pre-30th anniversary livestream announcements: Metal Max Xeno Reborn 2, Metal Dogs, and Project Wolf
- 2:27:53 - Signoff