Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic II - The Sith Lords launches for Nintendo Switch on June 8
Aspyr has announced that Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic II - The Sith Lords will launch for Nintendo Switch on June 8, priced at $14.99/£14.99/14,99€.
In recent years, Aspyr has been busy working on several ports of classic Star Wars games to various platforms, including a Nintendo Switch release of the original Knights Of The Old Republic just last November, which we were quite fond of. Aspyr is also leading the charge on the upcoming PS5/PC remake of Knights of the Old Republic, too.
One very important note for this newly announced Switch version: Those who played The Sith Lords back during its original release in 2004 are well aware that the game launched in a now infamously unfinished state. In the many years since, fans have collaborated to 'restore' cut content from the game, using as many official assets and dialogue found in the game files as possible. This ultimately led to what is now known as The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification (TSLRCM for short), which has become an extremely popular mod for the Steam version of the game.
Well aware of this, Aspyr has announced that a free 'Restored Content DLC' will come to the Nintendo Switch version after launch. While we won't know specific details of this DLC likely until it releases, we expect it to be something like a packaged-up version of the TSLRCM, perhaps effectively made official. But again, we don't know for sure if it is directly based on TSLRCM in any way, or if it is otherwise Aspyr's distinct version of a restoration.
An announcement trailer, description, and Switch version screenshots can be found below, via Aspyr. The game is now available for digital pre-order on Nintendo eShop. A bundle including both KotOR titles on Nintendo Switch is also available for pre-order, priced at $29.99/£29.99/29,99€.
As part of Star Wars Celebration, Aspyr and Lucasfilm Games have announced that the timeless RPG epic Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords is coming to Nintendo Switch on June 8, 2022. Experience the standalone sequel to the original award-winning Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic with HD cinematics, textures, UI and resolution.
The Sith Lords have hunted the Jedi to the edge of extinction and are on the verge of crushing the Old Republic. With the Jedi Order in ruin, the Republic’s only hope is a lone Jedi in exile struggling to reconnect with the Force. Lead a diverse crew of unique allies, make difficult choices with far-reaching consequences, and decide your destiny. Will you follow the light side and save the galaxy, or succumb to the dark side and bring it all down?
- A Standalone Sequel: Experience the follow-up to the acclaimed Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic in this original RPG epic set in the darkest days of the Old Republic.
- Choose Your Destiny: Discover your past and make difficult choices that aren’t as clear-cut as “good or evil.” Each decision can have a significant impact on your story and your squad. Will you uphold the Jedi Order, or lead the galaxy to ruin?
- Master the Force: Choose from three different Jedi classes, each able to wield specific Force powers, and customize your characters with unique skills and abilities.
- Lead Your Crew: Command a party of diverse crewmates, each with their own strengths, alignments and nuanced back stories. Your actions will influence your crew’s destinies, but not everyone may agree with the choices you make…
- The Sith Lords Restored Content DLC: Expand your experience even further with this incredible collection of content featuring new crew dialogue and interactions, a bonus mission starring HK-47, and a new revamped ending, coming as free DLC post-launch.
Fans can pre-order Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords today on the Nintendo eShop for $14.99|£14.99|14,99€. A digital bundle including the full game plus the original Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is also available to pre-order for $29.99|£29.99|29,99€.