2004 Action RPG Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II launches in Summer 2022 for the PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC
Following up on its re-release of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance to modern platforms last year, Interplay Entertainment announced that the 2004 action RPG Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II will be coming in Summer 2022. It will be coming digitally to the PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC (Steam, Epic, GOG).
The remastered sequel will see similar improvements that its predecessor saw previously. It will also support up to 4K resolutions and widescreen aspect ratios. Originally released on the PlayStation 2 and Xbox, Dark Alliance II's re-release was teased back in February.
Of course, Dark Alliance II will still support local co-op play for all platforms it is launching on. The Steam version inherently offers the Remote Play feature as a workaround to play it online with others.
Come see Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II back in action for the modern age down below.
Cult classic Dungeons & Dragons action role-playing game, Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance 2, is set to return this summer as Interplay Entertainment (IPLY) and Wizards of the Coast release the remastered iconic action RPG for the first time across all platforms.
After the huge success of Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance's re-release, the remastered sequel (supporting up to 4K resolutions) will be launching on Steam and Steamdeck, all Xbox and PlayStation systems as well as Nintendo Switch.
Based in and around the city of Baldur's Gate itself, the game features 5 playable characters and classes and spans dozens of locations. Featuring the ability to create custom weapons and armor, players can improve items by using runestones and gems while playing through the game's four difficulty levels; "Easy", "Normal", "Hard" and "Extreme".
Whether choosing the barbarian, monk, necromancer, rogue or cleric, players will have to actively fight through hordes of monsters ranging from Hobgoblins, Ghouls, Golems and dreaded Dragons while dodging attacks and evading deadly traps.
All versions of Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance 2 support local co-op play, while the Steam version will support Remote Play for a long-distance co-op experience. Fully verified on Steamdeck, now’s the perfect time to grab an ally or brave Baldur's Gate on the move and play the sequel that defined a generation.
Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance 2 can be wishlisted now on Steam, with the Microsoft, Nintendo, PlayStation, GOG, and Epic Games store links going live soon.
- Hack your way or cast powerful spells through over 80 perilous levels
- Hidden areas, secret characters, and hundreds of items to discover, customize, and use
- Forge unique magical weapons and armor to maximize the damage you inflict in battle
- Conquer hordes of beasts and armies of Hobgoblins, Ghouls, Golems and dreaded Dragons
- Compelling single or two-player cooperative modes of play
- Four difficulty levels to challenge even the hardiest adventurer; "Easy", "Normal", "Hard" and "Extreme".
- Fully voice-acted by an all-star cast and two secret characters; Drizzt Do'Urden and Artemis Entreri.
- Verified Steamdeck certification.
- Local co-op support!
- Fully voice-acted by an all-star cast