Boss rush RPG Bound By Blades launches today on PC, next year for Nintendo Switch and mobile devices
A launch trailer, details, and screenshot set can be found below, via Assemble Entertainment.
Vanquishing evil has never been this wholesome. Today, publisher Assemble Entertainment and developer Zeth are pleased to announce the cozy boss rush RPG Bound by Blades is now available on Windows PC via Steam and GOG, with a launch on Nintendo Switch and mobile via iOS and Android planned for 2023.
In this boss rush comfy crafting RPG mash-up, players choose one of three main characters, determine whether they’ll brave the evil foes alone or with a friend in online optional co-op, and embark on an intense-yet-charming adventure to save the land of Ashmyr and its tribes from a rising evil. It's cute. It's extraordinary. It's pure pandemonium.
Bound by Blades’ high fantasy setting is complemented by charming characters and lovingly detailed environments, curious and friendly NPCs, and an enchanting digital artbook sketch style. Balancing the game’s cozy vibe, Bound by Blades features traditional RPG gameplay elements focused on crafting, looting, leveling gear, and enchanting weapons and armor for maximum damage in the onslaught of progressively challenging boss rush battles.
Designed to be a more approachable entry point to boss rush RPGs, developer Zeth added some valuable features for those seeking a forgiving experience, including the ability to change the difficulty setting via the main menu. Additionally, players can utilize various tools to help lock in boss attack sequences, making even the most challenging encounters less intimidating and purely satisfying.
Key Features of Bound by Blades
- Beast Tamer: Slay colossal monsters through perilous combat, learn their maneuvers, and come out top with your chosen play style. Harvest their remains and craft sweet new gear, which can be used in the transmog system.
- Intuitive Controls and Unique Combat: Bound By Blades is designed for players of all skill levels, allowing any adventurer to embark on this challenging journey. Employ a variety of maneuvers like Quick and Strong Attacks, Combos, and Unique Combo Finishers, and enjoy over 30 craftable sets of armor and 30 unique weapons.
- Never Alone: Enlist the help of loyal companion pets to handle your fetch quests or join your side in battle. Feed them to become more powerful and use special items found on your quest to help them evolve.
- The Challenge is Yours: Stuck on a boss, despite memorizing their unique attack pattern? Simply change the settings on the go and select from three different difficulties. Remember, each encounter increases in difficulty with each defeated foe!
- Choose your Fighter: There is no “one size fits all” play style in Bound by Blades. Acknowledging this, select and swap between the game’s three main characters, each with their unique battle styles and gear: Teo the Kuza cat, Guren the Fangorian bunny, and Kotathe Oxbourne the ox.
Bound by Blades is available now on Steam and GOG with a 10% launch discount for $10.99, with a planned Nintendo Switch and iOS/Android mobile device released in 2023.