Granblue Fantasy: Relink to release worldwide in Winter 2023
During today's Playstation Showcase 2023, we received a surprise new trailer for Granblue Fantasy: Relink. The trailer focuses on highlighting the unique abilities of several of the game's playable characters, including adding Zeta and Vaseraga to the roster. Perhaps more importantly, the end of the trailer now lists a worldwide Winter 2023 release window for the long-awaited console RPG from Cygames.
Take another look at Cygames’ upcoming action RPG, Granblue Fantasy: Relink, through this brand-new trailer!
Zeta’s fiery personality is matched only by her combat style. Nimble and dynamic, she dances around her foes, devastating them with the magical spear Arvess.
Vaseraga’s massive bulk makes him near impervious to damage. He charges the battlefield like a bull, mowing down foes with Great Scythe Grynoth.
Granblue Fantasy: Relink has been in development for several years. Historically, information on the game has only come sparingly once-a-year around Granblue Fantasy Fes in December, though the cadence of new information has increased lately, with the statement for "more updates this summer" per PlayStation Blog.
- In 2018 we received our first lengthy look at gameplay, though the footage has since been removed from Cygames channel in the wake of PlatinumGames' removal from the project.
- In 2019 we received a trailer and footage featuring Lancelot, Vane, Percival, & Siegfried.
- In 2020 we received ~20 minutes of 'Mega Fleet Battle' footage.
- In 2021 we received platform confirmation of PS5, PS4, and PC, along with details about the RPG's two game modes. The game was given a 2022 release window at the time, but was later delayed to 2023.
- Earlier this year, we released an additional trailer showcasing Narmaya plus details on the title's "Assist Mode".
- Last month, Cygames announced the establishment of Cygames America and Cygames Europe branches to promote the studio's titles in those regions.