Tetracast - Episode 133: The State of Square Enix
Welcome to the latest edition of the Tetracast, RPG Site's weekly podcast!
Before we get into the big topics of the last week, we always like to talk about the games we have been playing. While Zack sums up his Extra Life 2018 experience and James plays cagey with Muv Luv Unlimited, Adam explains his experience revisiting Resonance of Fate 4K/HD Edition and how it's the story, not necessarily the gameplay, that ended up being the main draw for him.
And then we get into the news of the week! We had to skip last week's podcast due to other activities, so we cover all the important stories since late October. Those include all the news coming out of Square Enix's Final Fantasy XV live stream including the news that Hajime Tabata is leaving the company, all the different announcements from Idea Factory's press event including Date A Live: Rio Reincarnation, a new Ys title in development for next September, the existence of Diablo Immortal, and Microsoft acquiring Obsidian Entertainment and inXile Entertainment. All that and more in the latest edition of the Tetracast!
This edition of the Tetracast features Adam Vitale (@King_Seda), James Galizio (@theswweet) and is hosted by Zack Reese (@zackreese). As always, you can find links to the full episode of the podcast below along with our RSS feed, and also subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Play.
- 01:30 - Extra Life 2018 chatter
- 03:35 - Muv Luv Alternative (nothing much)
- 04:40 - Resonance of Fate 4K/HD Edition
- 15:03 - Final Fantasy XV and Square Enix in general
- 33:37 - Dissidia Final Fantasy NT going free-to-play in Japan
- 37:00 - Idea Factory press event coverage
- 51:45 - New Ys game in development, other Nihon Falcom discussion
- 01:05:05 - Diablo Immortal
- 01:08:56 - Ys Altago
- 01:13:30 - Microsoft acquires Obsidian Entertainment and inXile Entertainment