SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays gets a new Expansion Pack DLC, free updates 1.50 & 1.60 detailed
Bandai Namco has released a new Expansion Pack DLC for SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays. The Expansion Pack costs $7.99 and it is separate from the game's Season Pass content (which came in four waves: 1, 2, 3, 4). It should be available on the game's Steam page later today.
This Expansion Pack will add a new Inferno Mode, where the difficulty level can be gradually incremented. It will also add five new stages as well as new characters and mobile suits from past G Generation games, including Aplodia with the Halphas Gundam, Amelias in the Halphas Böse, Code Amelias with the Halphas Böse Halberd, and Code Phoenix piloting the Master Phoenix.
Additionally, Bandai Namco announced that a free update to version 1.50 will be available on March 25, while another free update to version 1.60 will be available later this Spring. At today's Japanese Gundam games live stream, Bandai Namco's Kensuke Tsukanaka mentioned that G Generation Cross Rays is 'currently being enjoyed by over 400,000 players worldwide.'
Find details on the Expansion Pack DLC and free updates below. SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays is currently available worldwide on PC via Steam. An English release for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch is sold only in Southeast Asia.
SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays Expansion Pack ($7.99)
The complete lineup of contents for the SD GUNDAM G GENERATION CROSS RAYS Expansion Pack includes:
- Higher difficulty modes, including a new difficulty “Inferno Mode,” new character abilities and optional parts
- Five new “Expansion Stages”
- New Units, Characters, Quests, and Group Dispatch Missions
SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays Ver. 1.50 Notice (available March 25)
- Free DLC 5 【G Generation BGM Collection & Special Ability Acquisition operation!】 have been implemented.
Extended Game feature / Improvement
- Added fast-forward feature for battle animation.
- Accelerate/multiple input button（Input key allocation can be configured via 「Keyboard settings」）to control the fast-forward battle animation for STEAM®.
- Added remaining dispatch timing in Group Dispatch Mission list.Advertisement. Keep scrolling for more
Extended BGM settings
- Added BGM selection feature for Super High Morale and higher in weapon BGM 01-06 within Change Character BGM.
- Added BGM selection for Title and Group Dispatch screen.
- Adjusted selectable stage BGM available for respective series.
Extended Game settings
- Added cut feature for Simplified Battle.
- Added feature to swap positions for save and load selection.
- Added master volume settings.
- Added feature to swap button between enter and cancel for STEAM®.
SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays Ver. 1.60 Preview (available Spring 2020)
Ver. 1.60 will be coming later in spring of 2020 and will add new costumes, settings, and voices to “My Character” as well as an increase in level cap to further strengthen units and characters.