Square Enix has released a new Features Trailer for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition, which highlights the key components to the game as well as new additions made for the remaster. The trailer touches on playable races, the new Mimic appearance system, magic, dungeons, crossplay, and more.
Additionally, Square Enix has announced a demo version of the game, called Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition Lite. This is a free-to-play version of the game that will launch alongside the full release, allowing players to access the first three dungeons. However, a host player who owns the paid full game can invite a party of friends with the Lite version, and the group can access 13 dungeons in the game. So with one copy of the game, four players can play through almost all of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, so long as the host owns the paid game.
You can find both the New Features Trailer and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition Lite details below, via Square Enix.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition New Features Trailer
In addition to a ‘Mimic’ feature which allows players to take the form of various characters they meet on their journey, FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition also adds a number of new gameplay enhancements to make the adventure more memorable than ever, such as:
- Quick Chat – new tactical commands to give easy text-based instructions to teammates during online multiplayer play.
- Magic Timer – a new Timer mechanic, helping players to synchronise and combine their magical attacks to unleash more powerful abilities.
- UI Improvements – Increases to material capacity limits allow for more trouble-free adventures and a mini-map has been added to the game’s UI ensuring players always have a tactical understanding of their environments.
- Additional Difficulty Modes – after finishing the main scenario, high difficulty dungeons will be available for daring adventurers to explore, including the Mine of Cathuriges which will include powerful enemies and new challenges alike. These challenging post-game dungeons are exclusive to the full release of FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition.
- Updated Soundtrack – over 50 musical tracks have been newly-composed especially for FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition by the original game’s composer, Kumi Tanioka, including newly-recorded versions of the beloved theme songs Sound of the Wind and Starry Moonlit Night.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition Lite
Here's Square Enix's description of the Lite version:
With FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition Lite, adventurers can play through the first three dungeons in both single player and online multiplayer with cross-play functionality***. Additionally, players who purchase the full game will be able to host multiplayer sessions with players using FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition Lite, so a full party of up to four caravanners can play through up to 13 dungeons in the fantasy adventure together with one copy of the full game. Save data can be carried over from FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition Lite to the full game, ensuring players can seamlessly continue their progress in the magical fantasy adventure.
** For iOS and Android players, FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES is a free-to-download app which includes the same content and functionality as FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition Lite. Players can access the full game via an in-app purchase to provide the remaining story and gameplay content found in FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition on the Nintendo Switch™ system and the PlayStation®4 system.
*** An active PlayStation®Plus subscription is required to play online for PlayStation®4 users and an active Nintendo Switch™ Online account is required to play online for Nintendo Switch™ users.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition is set to release on August 27 for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices. In case you missed it, you can check out information and screenshots on characters, locations, player customization, and more.