Genshin Impact Local Specialty list: Mondstadt and Liyue Local Specialties & locations
Each region of the world of Teyvat in Genshin Impact has what the game calls local specialties. These are unique items and materials that are tied to a specific region of the game - and that often has a knock-on effect to how they're used.
What we mean by this is that the characters in Genshin Impact often have a deep connection to one of the game's regions, and so it's not unusual for a character to require local specialty materials related to that connection for their character ascension, which lets them reach higher levels. In addition, these materials are fairly commonly used in Cooking Recipes and for crafting various items.
On this page, we list all of the local specialty items in Genshin Impact for the current two regions in the game - so that's Mondstadt and Liyue. Remember, there are more regions to come - bringing with them more specialties - in future updates.
- We list some suggested locations for each, too - but remember that these materials appear in many places across Genshin Impact's open world.
- There's a limit on local specialties in that they have a limited respawn - specifically, local specialties respawn 2 days after you have looted them. Note down those Server Reset Times, which help determine when two days have passed.
- Some characters have a unique ability that flags Local Specialties up on the mini map when they're in your party. We've noted these on our Genshin Impact tier list, and suggest using them if you're struggling to track specialty materials down.
Genshin Impact Mondstadt Local Specialties List & Location
You begin your Genshin Impact adventure in the Mondstadt region, and that region therefore is the first to introduce you to a range of specialty items that are used in cooking, crafting and character ascenion. You'll need to gather a decent amount of all of these Mondstadt Local Specialty items to do these things.
Here's our list of the Mondstadt local specialties:
- Calla Lily
- A flower that grows near water sources. When cooked the petals have a chunky texture, yet are sweet and a little bitter.
- Recipes: Calla Lily Seafood Soup
- Character Ascension: Kaeya
- Location: Springvale, around lakes, sold at Floral Whisper in Mondstadt.
- A beautiful flower with a name that suits its appearance. It only grows where harsh winds blow, and is just as intangible as the true heart of an unbound soul.
- Character Ascension: Venti
- Location: Starnatch Cliff and in the wild across Liyue. Also sold by Floral Whisper in Mondstadt.
- Dandelion Seed
- A tiny seed that rides on the wind. Even without its feathered wings, it still holds the hope from afar within.
- Crafting: Gushing Essential Oil, Windbarrier Potion
- Character Ascension: Jean
- Location: At the gates of Mondstadt City, and also scattered throughout the region.
- Philanemo Mushroom
- A fungus that grows in the warm caress of the wind. It is as everlasting as the wind, nourishing life.
- Character Ascension: Barbara, Klee, Mona
- Location: Sometimes grows near the rooftops of houses. Also sometimes sold by Chloris the Botanist in the Windrise area.
- Small Lamp Grass
- A wild grass that emits light at night. Used in cooking to enhance other flavors.
- Recipes: Pile 'Em Up
- Character Ascension: Amber, Diluc, Fischl
- Location: Wolvendum, Whispering Woods, and sold by Floral Whisper in Mondstadt.
- A plump and translucent berry that has a fragrant smell and a sweet refreshing taste. In the past, the watchers of the storms found solace in the sweetness of the fruit and the hope for the city's security.
- Character Ascension: Lisa, Noelle
- Location: Scattered around the Stormbearer Mountains area.
- Windwheel Aster
- A plant that adores the wind. To the proud children of the wind, or the citizens of Mondstadt, the Windwheel Asters are the "visible winds."
- Character Ascension: Bennett, Sucrose, Traveler
- Location: Near the Windrise Statue of the Seven, Stormterror's Lair, and Sold by Floral Whisper in Mondstadt.
- A berry with thorns that often gets attached to a wolf's pelt. When you look at it, you can almost hear the echoing cries of the wolves in the woods.
- Character Ascension: Razor, Sucrose
- Location: Woldendom and throughout the Mondstadt region. Also sometimes sold by Chloris the Botanist in the Windrise area.
Genshin Impact Liyue Local Specialties List & Locations
There's a decent range of Liyue Local Specialties available in Genshin Impact's Liyue region - and several specific specialty items on this list are used for various upgrades and character ascension unlocks for characters associated with the Liyue region.
Here's the Liyue Local Specialty list:
- Cor Lapis
- A precious crystal of condensed pure Geo element that usually grows along with other minerals. It's also commonly called "Cor Petrae."
- Crafting: Dustproof Potion, Unmoving Essential Oil
- Character Ascension: Chongyun, Keqing
- Sources: Mt. Hulao, at the base of cliffs in Liyue.
- Glaze Lily
- An extremely ancient flower that was said to be commonly seen in Liyue. It transforms the memories of the land into its fragrance during florescence.
- Character Ascension: Ningguang
- Location: Qingce Village, Liyue Harbor, sold by Ms. Bai in Quingce Village.
- Jueyun Chili
- A spicy plant native to Liyue. Merely smelling it makes one hot and thirsty.
- Recipes: Black-Back Perch Stew, Flash-Fried Filet, Jade Parcels, Jueyun Chili Chicken, Qingce Stir Fry, Stir-Fried Filet
- Character Ascension: Xiangling
- Location: Quingce Village, plus in the wild throughout Liyue.
- Noctilucous Jade
- A rare mineral that glimmers in the dark. It's said to be a mutated gemstone condensed from the flourishing elements of the world.
- Character Ascension: Beidou
- Location: Caves in the Liyue Region, around Mingyun Village (see our Noctilucous Jade guide), also sold by Shitou in Liyue.
- A translucent white flower that only grows on the highest stone peaks. It eschews the warmth and moisture of the plains to gaze out afar from the solitary mountaintops.
- Character Ascension: Xiao
- Location: Guyun Stone Forest, Jueyun Karst, sold by Herbalist Gui (Bubu Pharmacy) in Liyue Harbor.
- Silk Flower
- A crimson flower that blooms like the rainbow clouds in Liyue. It can be made into silky-smooth fabric.
- Character Ascension: Xingqiu
- Location: Around Wangshu Inn and Liyue Harbor
- Empty seashells brought ashore by the tides. Hold it close to your ear, and hear the longing calls of the sea.
- Location: Beaches around the Liyue Region
- A small flower with strong vitality. It was said its downward-blooming flower keeps its fragrance from dissipating.
- Recipes: Black-Back Perch Stew
- Character Ascension: Qiqi
- Location: Growing out of the cliffsides of the Liyue Region