Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis - All Ryuker Device, Cocoon, Tower, Region Mag, and Battledia Locations | Kvaris Region
During your exploration of Kvaris in Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis, you'll once again be seeking out a lot of the same key locations that you were in the previous two regions, Aelio and Retem. As always, you'll have Ryuker Devices that allow you to teleport across the map, and Cocoons which will earn you valuable Skill Points, essential for increasing your Battle Power. You'll also want to know where Towers are for the same reason. Region Mags can net you and your group valuable buffs across a wide area so they're essential to seek out as well. Finally, Battledia Trigger Portals offer combat challenges that can reward good items for enhancing or augmenting gear. Here we've got a nice map you can cross-check in-game to see which ones you may be missing.
Since these items are all clearly marked on the World Map and there are only a couple per region (if any), it's easy enough to combine them into a single image here.
Tip: To check how many locations you've found in a region, open up the World Map from the main menu, mouse over which region you want to check, and press Tab. This will let you see how many Ryuker devices, Cocoons, etc. you've found in that region (as well as the number of Red Item Containers and Datapods).
- All Kvaris Ryuker Device Locations
- All Kvaris Cocoon Locations
- All Kvaris Tower Locations
- All Kvaris Region Mag Locations
- All Kvaris Battledia Locations
Ryuker Devices are basically waypoints that allow for fast travel across the map. Once you've unlocked one, you'll be able to travel to it any time by simply selecting it on the World Map.
- Kvaris Camp - Just south of the camp's main building, pretty much guaranteed to unlock it during the area's main story.
- Mistra Woods - The furthest north Ryuker of the region, northwest of all the creeks in Central Kvaris.
- Quill Mountain Road - Likely the first Ryuker you'll get as you enter the Kvaris Region.
- Danann Snow Field - Southeast of Meri and Ilma's house in South Kvaris.
- Mt. Ihana: West - Located to the southwest of the Deepwell tower in West Kvaris.
- Mt. Ihana: East- Located to the southeast of the Deepwell tower in West Kvaris.
- Mt. Latva - This Ryuker is located on the south side of the tall mountain here, southwest of the purple Battledia Trigger Portal.
- Belugana Ruins: North - You won't be able to access this area of Kvaris until progressing far enough in the story. This Ryuker is to the far north of the area.
- Belugana Ruins: South - In the lower part of the area, directly east of Kvaris Camp.
- Rayjord Gorge - This Ryuker is to the far south of the area. Note that you wont take freezing damage around the Ryuker, regardless of your level of Harsh Environment Resist.
- Lost Central - Located in the very center of the area.
Cocoons are going to be a major source of Skill Points, needed to unlock Class Skills and improve your Battle Power. Most of them are very easy and with generous time limits. You'll earn 1 Skill Point upon your first clear of any Cocoon. You don't need to clear the Side Missions for the Skill Point.You'll need to complete all of these to finish the Side Task The Enigmas of Trainia I & II.
Vanishing Path II
- Location - Found in the west side of the area near all the creeks on the map.
- Objective - This is an obstacle course where you'll have to reach a finish line while avoiding falls, bombs, and gliding if you're attempting the Side Mission.
- Location - Found just northwest of Kvaris Camp.
- Objective - You'll be pitted against an Ice Banser and Ice Banshee.
- Location - Found just southwest of Kvaris Camp.
- Objective - This is an obstacle course where you'll have to navigate to many point cubes while using a Floating Board.
- Location - Found to the far southeast of the map.
- Objective - You'll be pitted against a Pangolan.
- Location - Located to the far west of the area, on the beach west of Mt. Ihana.
- Objective - You'll be pitted against a Malachroid.
- Location - Appears to be found right next to the Lost Central Ryuker, but is accessed by heading southeast from the Mt. Latva Ryuker.
- Objective - A battle gauntlet Cocoon, where you'll fight enemies that you free from cages by stepping on floor panels.
Towers are basically more difficult versions of Cocoons. You'll earn a whopping 4 Skill Points upon your first clear of any Tower. Surprisingly enough, the Side Missions are just for completion's sake and don't affect your Skill Point reward. Just as in the Retem Region, the Kvaris Region only has one tower.
- Location - Found on Mt. Ihana in West Kvaris.
- Objective - You'll have to navigate through a few rooms to gather point cubes before ending in a fight with the Ams Krones. Alternatively, you can fall through a large room of weak enemies to head directly to the objective.
Region Mags are landmarks that can give boosts in exchange for materials such as Trinite or Dualomite. Each Region mag has a ship-wide meter marked [All] that will give all players a boost to EXP Earned, Rare Drop Rate, or Attack Potency, depending on the Mag in the region. There is also a [Personal] Boost that will give players that feed the Mag additional Rare Drop Rate % for up to 2 hours at a time. As in Aelio and Retem, there are three Region Mags in Kvaris.
- Mt. Ihana - On the far west beach, head directly west of Mt. Ihana: West Ryuker.
- Mt. Latva - On a ledge in North Kvaris along with some Light Kvaris Cabbage. You can head southwest from the Mt. Latva Ryuker.
- Central Kvaris - This Region Mag is not really near any other landmark. It's in the south part of Central Kvaris. You can head west from the Wild Avalance cocoon.
- Yellow Portal: Kvaris - Located near an updrafter in the far north of the Central Kvaris, to the northwest of Mistra Woods.
- Purple Portal: Kvaris- Located at the top of Mt. Latva.