Square Enix releases a free Prologue Demo for Octopath Traveler II
During today's Nintendo Direct presentation, Square Enix has announced that a Prologue Demo is now available for Octopath Traveler II on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch. A demo for the PC (Steam) version will also be available starting tomorrow.
The demo will allow players to choose any of the eight playable protagonists and play for three total hours. Save data can be transferred to the full game on February 24.
A Prologue Demo Launch Trailer and details can be found below, via Square Enix. Octopath Traveler II launches on February 24, 2023, for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam).
For more information, you can check out information for each pair of characters previously released
Square Enix today announced the release of the playable demo of upcoming title, Octopath Traveler II for the Nintendo Switch system, the PlayStation 5 console and the PlayStation 4 console. The demo will also be available for PC via Steam tomorrow. The Octopath Traveler II Prologue demo allows players to choose any of the eight protagonists and play for three hours. Save data will also carry over to the full game which launches on February 24, 2023.
In Octopath Traveler II, players will embark on an exciting journey through the brand-new world of Solistia. Developed by the same team behind the beloved original, which has sold over three million copies worldwide*, this installment improves upon the series' iconic HD-2D visuals: a striking blend of retro 2D characters in a beautiful 3D world.
The game's new storyline, characters and features make it the perfect entry for newcomers to the series, while also preserving the charm of the original game for veteran players. Players can look forward to following the journey of eight distinct protagonists as they explore the land and conquer enemies in strategic turn-based battles on an adventure all their own.
New and returning gameplay features and elements include:
- Break & Boost Battle System – Players must act strategically to exploit enemy weaknesses to “Break” them to inflict more damage, and “Boost” their travelers to enhance their abilities.
- Path Actions – Players can interact with NPCs throughout the world in various ways by using actions unique to each character, such as challenging people as the Warrior or stealing belongings as the Thief. Path Actions will vary depending on the protagonist and whether it is day or night.
- Brand-New Story and Characters – Players can embark on a grand adventure in the new land of Solistia and experience the intertwined stories of eight new travelers: Hikari (Warrior), Agnea (Dancer), Partitio (Merchant), Osvald (Scholar), Throné (Thief), Temenos (Cleric), Ochette (Hunter), and Castti (Apothecary).
- Day/Night Cycle – The townscapes and Path Actions available to each character will change depending on if it is night or day, creating more opportunities for exploration and discovery.
- Latent Power – A new battle element in which characters can unleash a powerful ability once the ability’s gauge fills up during combat.
- Crossed Paths – Additional stories will unfold between the protagonists as their journey progresses, further intertwining their narratives.