Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance now available for PC
Originally developed by Snowblind Studios and published by Black Isle Studios, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is an isometric action RPG that released in the early 2000s for PlayStation 2, Gamecube, and original Xbox (plus a separate version for Game Boy Advance). After more than a decade of silence, Interplay re-emerged to release a digital version of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance for PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch in May 2021.
This port does not have much in terms of new features, but it should support up to 4K resolutions like the recent console ports. It also supports Steam's Remote Play Together functionality.
A PC release trailer and store page description can be found below.
A NEW LEGACY BEGINS...
Experience the massively popular world of Baldur's Gate as never before. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance thrusts you into an epic Dungeons & Dragons adventure filled with intense action, intricate puzzles and sinister intrigue, where your mastery of cold steel and devastating spells is the only thing between you and ultimate evil.
- A ground-breaking adventure, featuring the 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons® rule set.
- Explosive spell effects and incredibly detailed creatures and environments deliver a more realistic gaming experience.
- Three customizable characters, each with distinctive powers, appearances and abilities that develop throughout the game.
- Battle alone or join a friend in two-player cooperative mode.
- Explore Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance all over again, experiencing newfound adventures with a different customized character or replaying in Extreme mode for ten times the difficulty and fun.
- Dolby Surround sound, real-time sound effect mixing, Hollywood voice talent and an original soundtrack by acclaimed composer Jeremy Soule.