Welcome to the latest edition of the Tetracast, RPG Site's weekly podcast!
Before we get into the big topics of the last seven days, we always like to talk about the games we have been playing. James gets into why Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk may not be for the faint of heart. Zack also shares his final thoughts on Valkyria Chronicles 4 and why strategy RPG fans will find a lot to like about this game.
And then we get into the news of the week! It was a huge week in terms of news thanks to Sony's annual Pre-TGS conference and Nintendo busting the door down with plenty of RPG news. On Nintendo's side, we go over all the big announcements including all the Final Fantasy games finally coming to Xbox One and Nintendo Switch, Game Freak's new turn-based RPG "Town", Nintendo Switch Online details, and other relevant topics.
Alongside these bombshells, we also get into Too Kyo Games (a new studio led by the makers of DanganRonpa and Zero Escape), tri-Ace revealing their next project during TGS, Resonance of Fate rated for Germany, and the relatively surprising reveal of The Last Remnant Remastered. All that and so much more on the latest edition of our podcast!
This edition of the Tetracast features Adam Vitale (@king_seda) and is hosted by Zack Reese (@zackreese). As always, you can find links to the full episode of the podcast below along with our RSS feed, and also subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Play.
- 01:55 - Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk
- 26:10 - Valkyria Chronicles 4
- 42:00 - Nintendo Direct - Final Fantasy, Game Freak, Mario & Luigi, Nintendo Switch Online
- 01:17:10 - Sony Pre-TGS Conference - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered, Project JUDGE, Hideo Baba, Project Awakening
- 01:24:40 - Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition release date
- 01:27:25 - Resonance of Fate rated for PS4 and PC
- 01:30:05 - tri-Ace new project announcement during TGS 18
- 01:32:34 - The Last Remnant Remastered
- 01:37:35 - Too Kyo Games studio formation